Monday 12 May 2014

Derby census figures make interesting reading

It seems a distant memory three years ago when we were filling in our census returns, but now the figures are beginning to be released, especially the statistics about property. The figures for the each individual town and City have been released, so let’s look at the Derby City Council figures.

In the city, just over six out of ten properties are owned, 61.4% to be precise (or around 62,800 households) and just over 17,150 householders rent their house (or 16.8% of households to be exact).      
Interestingly, over 12% of houses are council houses (12,470 council houses), with the remaining       properties being either  Housing Association properties or tied cottages.
So, 16.8% of households are rented in the area, which is slightly above the national average of 15.6%, but that is to be expected as Derby is a city and hasn't seen the boom and potential bust cycles that other cities in the North have seen.

Demand continues to be good from quality tenants who are prepared a pay a decent rent, but only for a decent property (if you remember a few weeks back, I said the landlords in Derby, on average over 2013, achieved a total return of over 10%+).

If you are considering becoming a landlord, or are an established landlord who is thinking of buying another property to rent out, please do your homework. Feel free to ask my opinion on what makes a 'decent property'. It's in my interests for you to buy the right property, for you, not me. I obviously don't charge for my opinion, because I hope you will recommend me to your friends, which, of course, is the best compliment you can give me.

If you would like to arrange a FREE RENTAL VALUATION then click HERE.
If you would like to see our selection of Investment Properties for Sale, then click HERE.

Call me at our office on: 01332 366171

Visit the website:  www.pplets.co.uk
Email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment