Tuesday 18 March 2014

How can you find a good property deal in Derby?

The subject of a lack of Derby property bargains over the last couple of years has always been near the top of most Derby landlord’s thoughts. I have built up an extensive database of every property sale in Derby since the early 2000’s, so am able to give an objective and unbiased opinion on what (and what doesn't) make a good property deal /investment. Knowing what is and what has happened to the property market in Derby, compared to say Ilkeston, Nottingham or Leicester, enables me to spot any trends or opportunities for buy to let landlords. 

Here are some bargains that I spotted at the time, and now they are completed, wanted to share with you. A lovely 2 bed detached bungalow on Beechford Crescent in Littleover sold in May 2012 for £100,000. Admittedly it did need a little TLC, but just over a year later, the bungalow came back for sale in the Summer just gone and completed in November 2013 for £169,500. If the property investor had instead put the money in the bank, that sort of return would have seen an annual interest rate of 37.4% per annum ... Another I saw a few years back was in 2010 when someone paid £115,000 for one of those nice mature 3 bed semis on Leamington Close. In October 2013, it sold again for £183,000, a rise of 59.1%, not bad when the average in Derby has been 9.3% in the same time frame!

Whether you are a landlord of ours or not, drop by our offices for any advice and opinion on where the bargains are in Derby. I can guide you on what (or not) to buy. I don’t charge for my advice, so I can give an impartial opinion, without any conflict of interest to our landlords. 

Feel free to pop through the door of our offices on St James Street,call me on 07977 235545 or send me an email to simonj@professionalproperties.co.uk.


No comments:

Post a Comment